It’s important that you use a qualified, licensed and insured company to service and winterize your system. If the proper equipment is not used, or the service is not done properly, it could cost you hundreds (if not thousands) of dollars in repair when your system is turned back on in spring. That “deal” you got in the fall to have your system blown out won’t be such a good deal after all, and the person that did the work is long gone.
Here are a few things to look for when having your sprinkler system winterized:
- Is the compressor being used large enough to blow out all the water in the irrigation lines?
- Have all outdoor pumps been removed and stored inside?
- Have all the drain plugs been removed?
- Have all irrigation controllers been disconnected from the power source?
- Have all the main shutoff valves to the irrigation system been checked and properly turned off?
- Be sure to tell your contractor if you have any hose outlets connected to your irrigation system. They will need to be opened and blown out (things like pool fills, showers, sinks, outside bathrooms etc. could be connected)
To ensure that your irrigation system is properly winterized and shut down, call Creative Irrigation at 631-467-6699.
Limited Time Winterization Special- Only $10 Per Zone!
This offer is valid for new customers only, with a minimum of three zones. For more than six zones, call us for special pricing.